A homeowner, who was trying to burn off weeds with a propane torch, caused an expensive fire in Perryman on Saturday, the Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office said.
The burning weeds ignited a nearby tree and, ultimately, the front of the man's house in the 300 block of Seagull Drive, according to a notice of investigation by the Fire Marshal's Office.
The fire caused $250,000 worth of damage to the two-story home and a camper, according to the notice.
No one was injured in the blaze.
Fifty firefighters from the Aberdeen Fire Department, Abingdon Volunteer Fire Company, Susquehanna Hose Company of Havre de Grace and Joppa-Magnolia Volunteer Fire Company spent an hour battling the fire, which was reported at 3:33 p.m. Saturday.
All occupants of the home are being assisted by the American Red Cross, according to the notice of investigation.
Rich Gardiner, spokesman for the Harford County Volunteer Fire & EMS Association, reported that the majority of the fire was contained in about 15 minutes.