A draft of the 2013 Land Preservation, Parks and Recreation Plan has been released and a public information session on the plan will be held next week in Bel Air, the Harford County Department of Parks and Recreation has announced.
The 2013 Land Preservation, Parks and Recreation Plan sets forth several major goals for the department, including:
• Acquiring land and developing facilities, including trails, to meet the recreation needs of current and future residents;
• Ensuring the availability of program opportunities;
• Addressing citizens and participants safety;
• Incorporating appropriate environmental stewardship in department activities and projects; and
• Marketing facilities and programs in cooperation with other public and private sector partners.
The department of parks and recreation will host a public meeting about the plan update on Tuesday, Feb. 19, at the McFaul Activity Center, 525 W. MacPhail Road in Bel Air, beginning at 6:30 p.m.
To help gather information from the community the department has posted the draft document in electronic format on the county's website. The document is available for download and viewing at http://www.harfordcountymd.gov/parks_rec and click on the draft LPPRP icon.
Citizens who would like to comment on the contents of the plan may do so at firstname.lastname@example.org. The public comment period for the draft LPPRP is open through Feb. 27.