Several city students ate cookies laced with suspected marijuana

Several students at a Northeast Baltimore middle/high school ate cookies laced with suspected marijuana this week, sources with knowledge of the incident and the investigation confirmed.

After one student reported feeling ill, that child and four others were taken to a local hospital as a precaution on Wednesday, police said. The students attend Reach! Partnership School, a school that serves students in sixth through 12th grade.

School officials said the matter was under investigation and referred questions to police.

Police did not identify the substance the students ingested.

"Our child abuse units are investigating," said Lt. Eric Kowalczyk, spokesman for the police department. "They're interviewing the victims that were involved in this case and running out any leads that we have."

Kowalczyk said the incident was isolated to the one school.

Sun reporter Justin George contributed to this article.

Copyright © 2018, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad