A student at a Northeast Baltimore middle/high school fell ill Wednesday after several students said they had ingested a substance the previous day, city police said.
Five students at the Reach! Partnership School were taken to a local hospital as a precaution, police said. Police did not identify the substance that the students reported ingesting.
City school officials said the investigation is being handled by the city police and directed all questions to the department.
Police said detectives from the Child Abuse Unit are investigating. No further details were available.
Copyright © 2014, The Baltimore Sun