Become a digitalPLUS subscriber. $12 for 12 weeks.
News Maryland Baltimore Crime Beat

Holabird Academy evacuated following gas leak

Holabird Academy was evacuated Wednesday afternoon after a gas leak near the school in the O'Donnell Heights neighborhood, according to the Baltimore City Fire Department.

The leak, which was caused by a break in a six-inch gas main, was reported at around 3 p.m. near the area of Cardiff Avenue and Travers Way, according to the fire department. The break was caused by a construction accident.

The air quality level at the school was determined to be safe, fire officials said. The levels are also being checked at residences in the area.

Baltimore Gas & Electric is currently working to fix the main, according to the fire department.

No one reported any illness following the leak, fire officials said.

Copyright © 2014, The Baltimore Sun
Related Content
Comments
Loading