Representatives from the Maryland Health Connection will be visiting Carroll County CVS stores and libraries over the next three weeks to discuss health care options for uninsured residents.
The Maryland Health Connection, established through the Affordable Care Act, is the state-based health insurance marketplace for individuals and families to compare and enroll in health insurance, as well as determine eligibility for Medicaid and other assistance programs.
Open enrollment in the marketplace began Oct. 1 and ends March 31, 2014.
Events with health connection representatives begin Saturday, Nov. 16, with the Door to HealthCare program at four CVS stores throughout the Carroll County.
The program will provide information on health plans available, as well as ways to reduce health coverage premiums and out-of-pocket costs for residents who qualify.
Representatives from the connection will also be available Saturday in Allegany, Frederick, Garrett, Howard and Washington counties Saturday.
From noon to 4 p.m., representatives will be available at the following Carroll CVS stores:
• Westminster CVS, 400 Englar Road
• Taneytown CVS, 509 East Baltimore Street
• Hampstead CVS, 2311 Hanover Pike
• Sykesville CVS, 1438 Liberty Road
Beginning Nov. 25, Carroll County libraries will be hosting informational programs on health care options through the Affordable Care Act with representatives from the Maryland Health Connection.
The sessions will address questions of eligibility, available options, and the enrollment process. Attendees should plan to have their social security number, birthdate, employer and income information, current health insurance policy numbers, and information about job-related health insurance available.
Informational programs at the libraries are as follows:
• Monday, Nov. 25 - Westminster Branch Library 6:30 p.m.
• Tuesday, Nov. 26 - Eldersburg Branch Library 1 p.m.
• Tuesday, Nov. 26 - Finksburg Branch Library 6:30 p.m.
• Tuesday, Dec. 3 - North Carroll Branch Library 6:30 p.m.
• Wednesday, Dec. 4 - Taneytown Branch Library 6:30 p.m.
• Tuesday, Dec. 17 - Mount Airy Branch Library 6:30 p.m.
For more information, visit http://www.marylandhealthconnection.gov or call 1-855-642-8572. You can also visit www.doortohealthcare.org or call 855-288-3667.Copyright © 2015, The Baltimore Sun