An electrical fire within the engine compartment of a track hoe caused about $10,000 in damage early Tuesday morning at the Northern Landfill in Westminster, according to a news release from the State Fire Marshal.

The fire was discovered about 2:55 a.m. by a highway worker and took 11 firefighters 20 minutes to control, according to the release.

The release states that the fire began as the result of an "electrical event within the engine compartment" and the cause of the fire was deemed accidental.

The track hoe is not owned by the county. It was on site as part of a construction project at the landfill, according to the State Fire Marshal's Office.