The Carroll County Chamber of Commerce will host a book signing Thursday featuring 10 local authors.
In the first annual event, the Chamber will feature 10 of its members who have also authored a book. The signing is intended to serve as an opportunity for residents to shop local and meet local authors.
The event is scheduled for Thursday, Dec. 19, from 3 to 8 p.m. at the Carroll County Chamber of Commerce, 9 E. Main St. in Westminster.
Authors expected at the event include:
• Al Betz of Outfluence and author of "Polishing the Pearl" and "Ring Around the Rosary"
• Todd Burrier, author of "Live Full, Live Well and The 6 Decisions for Success"
• Joseph Fleck, author of "River Rat: The Barnacle and the Bracelets"
• Sen. Joe Getty, author of "Carroll's Heritage: Essays on the Architecture of a Piedmont Maryland County" and "Excerpts from The Engine of Liberty and Uniontown Advertiser"
• Laura Meck of Sonata Venture Solutions and author of "SMART Marketing for Real People"
• Lyndi McNulty of Gizmo's Art and author of "Farming in Carroll County"
• Ken Ripert of Vita Copia group and author of "Planned Excellence: How to Achieve Greatness through Strategic Planning," "Strategic Goals: The DNA of Personal Success," and "The Dynamics of Abundant Life: Living a Life of Purpose and Meaning"
• Heather Shreve of Lifeguard Wellness and author of "Caught on the Equator"
• Billy Schroeder of Giulianova Groceria and author of "Eat Thin: A Collection of Recipes for a Thinner You"
• Christine V. Walters of FiveL Co. and author of "From Hellp to Goodbye: Tips for Maintaining Positive Employee Relations"Copyright © 2014, The Baltimore Sun