By Blair Ames, Baltimore Sun Media Group
8:02 AM EST, February 24, 2014
Seven high school seniors from Carroll County Public Schools have been named finalists in the 59th annual National Merit Scholarship Program, according to a news release from the school system.
The merit scholarship program honors individual students who show exceptional academic ability and potential for success in rigorous college studies.
Finalists from Carroll County Public Schools include:
• Lisa Francomacaro - Liberty High School
• Ashleigh Kirker- Liberty High School
• Nicholas Lolli - Westminster High School
• John McAninley - South Carroll High School
• Connor Powers - Liberty High School
• Cameron Truitt - South Carroll High School
• Alexander Wikner - Liberty High School
Finalists must have a record of consistently very high academic performance in all of grades 9-12 and in any college course work taken. Finalists must also take the SAT and earn scores that confirm their PSAT/NMSQT performance.
Merit Scholar awardees will be chosen from this group of finalists based on their abilities, skills, and accomplishments.