The Carroll County Department of Citizen Services will operate six cooling centers around the county over the next two days in anticipation of high temperatures.
Residents who are vulnerable to extreme heat and who do not have air-conditioning in their homes are encouraged to cool off in any of the following locations until the close of business:
• Citizen Services Office Building, 10 Distillery Drive, Westminster (8 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
• Mount Airy Senior and Community Center, 703 Ridge Avenue, Mount Airy (8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
• North Carroll Senior and Community Center, 2328 Hanover Pike, Greenmount (8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
• South Carroll Senior and Community Center, 5928 Mineral Hill Road, Eldersburg (8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
• Taneytown Senior and Community Center, 220 Roberts Mill Road, Taneytown (8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
• Westminster Senior and Community Center, 125 Stoner Avenue, Westminster (8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
All branches of the Carroll County Public Library System also serve as cooling centers from 9 a.m. to 8: 45 p.m.
Water will be available for those who need it at any of the cooling centers.Copyright © 2014, The Baltimore Sun