Try digitalPLUS for 10 days for only $0.99
Hampstead Finksburg

Finksburg trailer fire caused by juvenile playing with cigarette lighter

A Finksburg trailer fire Wednesday night was caused by a juvenile playing with a cigarette lighter in his bedroom, according to a notice of investigation from the Maryland State Fire Marshal.

Firefighters from the Reese Volunteer Fire Company responded to the fire shortly after 10 p.m. in the 3000 block of Murray Road.

Three adults and three children were transported to the Carroll Hospital Center where they were examined for smoke inhalation. One child was transported to the pediatric burn unit at the Johns Hopkins Bayview Burn Center, according to the Fire Marshall.

The cause of the fire was deemed accidental and caused about $40,000 in damages, including $10,000 to the trailer and $30,000 to belongings inside, according to the Fire Marshall.

It took 20 firefighters about 19 minutes to control the fire.

The Office of the State Fire Marshall said the fire was caused when a child was playing with a cigarette lighter, accidently setting his mattress on fire.

Copyright © 2016, The Baltimore Sun
Loading
37°