By Liz F. Kay, The Baltimore Sun
5:36 PM EDT, July 22, 2011
Baltimore District Judge Halee F. Weinstein signed the order after the new operator of the Senator Theatre alleged that he assaulted staff members there on July 14.
Kiefaber consented to the order, which prohibits him from contacting Kathleen C. Cusack, who operates both theaters with her father. There was no hearing, and no evidence about the events of that night was presented.
"The end result … is, there's no dispute," Kiefaber said after the hearing. "I agreed not to go."
His attorney, Richard Boucher, did request a continuance because he said Kiefaber had not been served until two days before the hearing and Boucher was retained Friday.
Weinstein denied the request. "He was well aware the temporary order had been entered a week ago," she said.
Cusack was "very pleased there's a final peace order," she said after the hearing.
In her petition, she alleged that Kiefaber entered the Senator's lobby without a ticket on the opening night of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows — Part 2," berated her and employees and refused to leave. After police were called, he made threats, shoved two workers and elbowed Cusack's fiance, according to the petition.
Kiefaber, who is a candidate for City Council president, denied this account in interviews after the temporary peace order was issued last week. A Baltimore police spokesman confirmed that officers responded at 10:27 p.m. for a "disorderly individual."
Kathleen Cusack and her father, James "Buzz" Cusack, reopened the Senator in October after it went into foreclosure in 2009, was purchased by the city and then leased to them.
Copyright © 2014, The Baltimore Sun