Two men shot in head on Sunday in 3 separate shootings

Two men were shot in the head in Baltimore on Sunday in three separate shootings that left three people wounded.

A 33-year-old man attending a birthday party on Saturday on the 5300 block of Cordelia Avenue in Northwest Baltimore got in a dispute with someone outside a home and was shot once in the head, Baltimore police Sgt. Anthony Smith said. Police found him lying in a lawn at 12:40 a.m. Sunday and transported him to an area hospital. He was listed in critical but stable condition on Monday, Smith said.

At about 3:25 p.m. Sunday, officers responded to the 2700 block of Fenwick Avenue in the Coldstream Homestead Montebello neighborhood in Northeast Baltimore and found a 31-year-old man shot in the limb and torso multiple times. The man had been in a sedan when multiple suspects approached the car, pulled out handguns and began shooting at him, Smith said. The unknown suspects were seen fleeing in a white Lexis heading toward Harford Road. The victim was taken to an area hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

Officers responded to the 2100 block of Bryant Avenue near Mondawmin Mall in West Baltimore about two hours later for a report of a shooting and found a 24-year-old man shot multiple times in the head and limb. Homicide detectives were investigating, due to the severity of his injuries, but Smith said the man was listed as alive Monday morning.

Investigators said the man was found unresponsive near the intersection of Bryant Avenue and Reisterstown Road, Smith said.

"A hooded figure was described running away from the alley scene with a rifle," he said.

Also Monday, police released the name of an 18-year-old man shot in a double-shooting on Friday in the Penn North neighborhood. Investigators said Monday Griffin, who lived on the 1100 block of Bolton Street, was fatally shot in the chest before 2:07 p.m. on the 2500 block of Woodbrook Avenue. Police on Friday said he ran from the scene to the 1500 block of Retreat Street, where he was found and transported to Maryland Shock Trauma Center. He was pronounced dead at 2:51 p.m., Smith said.

Police said multiple unknown suspects came out of an alley and shot him as well as a 31-year-old man who was shot in the leg with non-life threatening injuries.

Baltimore Sun staff writers Kevin Rector and Joe Burris contributed to this report.

Copyright © 2018, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad