The Baltimore County Fire Department reported two serious incidents within minutes of each other Sunday afternoon.
Snow caused a 40-foot by 15-foot porch to collapse on a woman at 11154 Philadelphia Road in White Marsh, the department reported at 12:36 p.m. Sunday. At 1:40 p.m. they reported that she had been freed from under the porch and that they were transporting her to Maryland Shock Trauma Center with non-life threatening injuries.
The White Marsh Fire Department had access issues because of snow in the driveway of that building. A large plow was brought in to clear a path, and a National Guard Humvee also responded, according to the department's Facebook page.
At 12:22 p.m,. the Baltimore County Fire Department reported a three-alarm gas-fed fire at 10825 Philadelphia Road in White Marsh. The department worked with BGE to shovel snow and find the shut off for the gas to the building.
As of 3:20 p.m., the fire was under control and crews were expected to remain on the scene to monitor the site for remaining hot spots. Three snow plows, five trucks, 13 fire engines and one Humvee responded to the fire.
The roof of the building, which included an auto body repair shop and a grocery store, was collapsed, department spokeswoman Julia Dillard said. Another portion of the building, which housed a worship center, appeared to be intact, she said.
The amount of snow on the ground made accessing this fire a challenge, Dillard said. The department worked with both public works and the National Guard to get to the blaze.
Dillard said drivers in the area should use caution, because the water used to fight the fire is flowing onto Philadelphia Road, Ebenezer Road and Swanton Avenue, and may freeze.
This story will be updated.