Below is a schedule of some of of this year's Towson Winterfest, which kicks off with the annual tree lighting ceremony on Nov. 29 and is highlighted by Fire & Ice Night on Dec. 13.
Friday, Nov. 29
All-day special promotions downtown
6 to 8 p.m.-Baltimore County Tree Lighting, Olympic Park. Event includes:
• Santa's arrival by fire engine
• Tree lighting ceremony
• Opening of Santa's Workshop at old Hutzlers with Beau and Tinsel, the talking reindeer
Thursdays, Dec. 5, 12, 19
Ho Ho Happy Hours: food and drink specials at participating businesses
Saturday, Dec. 7
• 9 a.m.-Breakfast with The Grinch, Souris' 537 York Road, Towson Circle: holiday breakfast: $5 children, $10 adults
• 9:30 to 11 a.m.-Holiday movie and Santa's Workshop, 1 E. Joppa Road, Towson Circle: children create holiday gifts, 10:30 a.m.-watch "The Grinch"
Friday, Dec. 13 (rain date Dec. 20)
• 6 to 9 p.m.- Fire and Ice Night/Christmas tree judging: Street performers, ice sculptures, roasted chestnuts, s'mores and judging in tree decorating contest
Friday, Dec. 13
6 to 9 p.m. – Street performers
Saturday, Dec. 14
9 a.m. Breakfast with Frosty, Charles Village Pub, 19 W. Pennsylvania Ave.: $5 children, $10 adults
9:30 to 11:30 a.m.- Holiday movie and Santa's Workshop, 1 E. Joppa Road, Towson Circle: children create holiday gifts, 10:30 a.m.-watch "Frosty the Snowman"
Thursday, Dec. 19
5 p.m.-Men's Shopping Night: Downtown shops offer specials and help men select gifts; Souris' will wrap gifts for free
Nov. 29: Free parking at garage at Washington and Allegheny avenues. Enter after 5 p.m. at Allegheny Avenue
Nov. 28 thru 31; Dec. 20 thru 24-free parking at meters and in Revenue Authority lots
For more information, go to http://www.towsonchamber.com or call 410-825-1144.Copyright © 2015, The Baltimore Sun