Explosion in Randallstown apartment was accidental, Baltimore County fire department says

A natural gas explosion in a Randallstown apartment Wednesday morning was accidental and came from a second-floor HVAC unit, Baltimore County officials said Thursday.

Firefighters were called to an apartment in the 3400 block of Carriage Hill Circle where an explosion was reported in the three-story apartment complex.

Sixteen Baltimore County fire department units responded and began to clear the scene around 11:25 a.m. BGE crews used gas meters to monitor levels of dangerous gases and found low readings.

Surrounding apartment buildings were evacuated. No one was injured in the explosion but several people were displaced from the apartment where the explosion occurred.

Baltimore Sun reporter Christina Tkacik contributed to this article.

jkanderson@baltsun.com

twitter.com/janders5

Copyright © 2018, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad
57°