By Kevin Rector, The Baltimore Sun
10:07 AM EST, February 8, 2013
Students and staff were evacuated from Westside Elementary School in Baltimore's Penn North neighborhood early Friday morning after carbon monoxide levels rose to a level higher than is considered safe in the school's boiler room, a Baltimore City Public Schools spokeswoman said.
Everyone exited the building in the 2200 block of N. Fulton Ave., south of Druid Hill Park in West Baltimore, sometime after the morning bell rang so work crews could assess where the gas was coming from, said Edie House Foster, the spokeswoman.
"They evacuated the building, ventilated the building," she said.
The problem was fixed and students had returned to classes as of 9:45 a.m., House Foster said.
Copyright © 2013, The Baltimore Sun