Advanced lung cancer patient gets a "miracle" after targeted radiation -- and medical mystery persists

N. Charles Street reopened after gas leak

A section of North Charles Street reopened late Friday night after authorities shut down the block due to a gas leak in a vacant building.

The 300 block of N. Charles Street was closed from Saratoga to Mulberry streets Friday evening.

The leak began when a contractor working in the building cut a gas line. Baltimore Gas & Electric shut off the gas about 7 p.m. and were working to fix the line late Friday night, according to spokeswoman Rachael Lighty.

Copyright © 2016, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad