A gas leak in a vacant building in the 300 block of N. Charles St. shut down the block from Saratoga to Mulberry streets Friday evening.
The leak happened when a contractor working in the building cut a gas line. Baltimore Gas & Electric shut off the gas about 7 p.m. and were still working to fix the line late Friday night, according to spokeswoman Rachael Lighty.
The lanes remained closed, but work is expected to be finished and the street should be reopened sometime Saturday morning, Lighty said.
twitter.com/cmcampbell6Copyright © 2014, The Baltimore Sun