The Baltimore Book Festival in Mount Vernon this weekend will contribute to congestion and delays for commuters in the city this weekend, as multiple road and lane closures are and will be in effect through Monday, according to city transportation officials.
The festival, which features hundreds of authors and book signings as well as more than 100 exhibitors and booksellers, runs from noon to 8 p.m. on Friday and Saturday and from noon to 7 p.m. on Sunday.
Residents and commuters are urged to plan ahead.
Some curb lane closures and parking restrictions are already in effect, while others will begin in coming days:
• East side of West Mount Vernon Place between Cathedral Street and Peabody Mews. Began 6 a.m. Friday, ends 4 p.m. Monday.
• East side of Cathedral Street between Peabody Mews and Centre Street. Began 7 a.m. Monday, ends 4 p.m. this coming Monday.
• North side of Centre Street between Cathedral and Charles Streets. Begins 6 a.m. Friday, ends 11 p.m. Sunday.
• South side of West Read Street between Cathedral and Charles Streets. Begins 7 a.m. Friday, ends 9 p.m. Sunday.
Road closures, including parking restrictions, will also be in effect:
• Mount Vernon Place from St. Paul Street to Cathedral Street. Begins 9 a.m. Wednesday, ends 4 p.m. Monday.
• North Charles Street between Centre Street and Madison Street. Begins 9 a.m. Thursday. East side reopens 6 a.m. Monday, west side 4 p.m. Monday.
• North Charles Street between Madison Street and Read Street. Begins 6 p.m. Thursday, ends 6 a.m. Monday.
• Madison Street between St. Paul Street and Cathedral Street. Begins 6 p.m. Thursday, ends 6 a.m. Monday.
• Lovegrove Street between East Read Street and East Branch Alley. Begins 6 p.m. Thursday, ends 6 a.m. Monday.
• Morton Street between West Read Street and West Branch Alley. Begins 6 p.m. Thursday, ends 6 a.m. Monday.
twitter.com/rectorsunCopyright © 2015, The Baltimore Sun