Homewood House

<b>Location:</B> Homewood Campus, Johns Hopkins University, 3400 N. Charles St.<br><br>
<b>History:</B> According to jhu.edu, Homewood House was constructed between 1801 and 1803 by Charles Carroll, Jr.  In 1800 Carroll's father presented him with a 130-acre tract, referred to as Homewood Farm, as a wedding present. The house stood vacant from 1853 to 1897, when it was rented by what would become Gilman School. The house and lands were given to Hopkins in 1902.

( Jed Kirschbaum, Baltimore Sun / October 28, 2005 )

Location: Homewood Campus, Johns Hopkins University, 3400 N. Charles St.

History: According to jhu.edu, Homewood House was constructed between 1801 and 1803 by Charles Carroll, Jr. In 1800 Carroll's father presented him with a 130-acre tract, referred to as Homewood Farm, as a wedding present. The house stood vacant from 1853 to 1897, when it was rented by what would become Gilman School. The house and lands were given to Hopkins in 1902.

  • Email E-mail
  • add to Twitter Twitter
  • add to Facebook Facebook
  • Home Delivery Home Delivery