The following cancellations and closures have been announced in anticipation of severe weather conditions from Hurricane Sandy:
* Public schools are closed in Baltimore and in Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Carroll, Harford and Howard counties, among others in the state
* Most colleges and universities in the region are closed
* Anne Arundel County, Baltimore City, Carroll, Harford County, Howard County: Closed for non-essential employees
* Baltimore County: Open; liberal leave in effect for non-essential employees; Baltimore County is canceling all administrative hearings, including Code Enforcement, scheduled for Tuesday, October 30. All hearings will be rescheduled.
* State and federal government: Closed for non-essential employees
* Early voting is canceled on Monday statewide
* Some airlines canceled all flights into and out of Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport
* Maryland Transit Administration services, including the Maryland Light Rail and subway, are suspended. All MTA service suspended Tuesday as well.
* MARC train and bus services are suspended
* Amtrak trains along the northeast corridor are suspended
* Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority suspended Washington Metro and Metrobus services
* Baltimore County's CountyRide is suspended until further notice.
* All Pratt Library locations will be closed Monday and Tuesday.
* All local malls owned by General Growth Properties have been closed for Monday, including Harborplace & The Gallery in Baltimore's Inner Harbor, Towson Town Center, White Marsh Mall in White Marsh, Mondawmin Mall in Baltimore city and The Mall in Columbia. The Gallery will be accessible for office tenants and guests of the Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel.
* The Strathmore arts center.
* On Tuesday: The Maryland Zoo will remain closed to the public; essential employees only are to report as scheduled.
* Baltimore County Health Centers and WIC clinics are closing at noon Monday.
* All Baltimore County Senior Centers are closed until further notice.
* All Baltimore County Recreation and Parks programming is canceled and recreation centers are closed effective 1 p.m. Monday.
* The Baltimore Public Art Commission meeting scheduled for today has been canceled. The scheduled agenda will be discussed at 4 p.m. Nov. 21 at the Baltimore Office of Promotion & The Arts, 10 E. Baltimore St.
* The Maryland Film Festival’s screening of Barry Levinson’s new film, “The Bay,” scheduled for tonight at the Maryland Institute College of Art, has been canceled. The movie will open at The Charles on Friday.