Man shot 13 years ago dies; case ruled a homicide

A man who was shot in the back nearly 13 years ago at the age of 16 died this year of complications from his wound, and his death has been ruled a homicide, police said yesterday. On Oct. 1, 1995, Dominic Faw, who lived in the 800 block of George St. in West Baltimore, was shot in the 200 block of N. Eutaw St. The bullet severely damaged his spinal cord, said Agent Donny Moses, a police spokesman. Moses said Faw spent long periods of time in medical facilities, during which he suffered renal failure and infections. Moses said Faw was 29 when he was admitted to University of Maryland Medical Center this year and that he died shortly before 10 p.m. March 22. He said an autopsy by the state medical examiner's office determined that Faw's gunshot wound contributed to his declining health and eventual death. Moses said the autopsy report was not turned over to police until last month. He could not explain the delay.

Richard Irwin

Copyright © 2017, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad
75°