ON THE SITE...
Home sales, prices continue to rise in Baltimore area: Home sales rose for the fifth straight month compared with a year earlier and average prices increased for the fourth month in a row, according to a snapshot of the Baltimore-area housing market in June.
Ga. woman charged with prostitution in Linthicum sting: Anne Arundel vice detectives have charged a 22-year-old Georgia woman with prostitution, assignation and setting up a house of prostitution in the Linthicum area.
Aside from derecho, tornadic storms, summer rainfall scant: The storms helped drop 2.68 inches of rain in June, but for the year to date, rainfall totals are 8 inches below normal, placing much of the state under moderate drought conditions.
Michael Phelps tells Details about his fat days: In a Q&A style interview with the magazine, Phelps reveals he gained 25 pounds after he made history winning eight gold medals at the Beijing Olympics.
- Officials with the organizers of the Baltimore Grand Prix are speaking with The Sun on Tuesday for an update on the Labor Day weekend race.
- Maryland School Assessment scores were to be released at noon Tuesday, with more schools passing the annual tests.
- A hearing was scheduled in Annapolis on Tuesday on a proposed state policy limiting farmers' use of aninal manure and sludge as fertilizer.
- Three Orioles, Adam Jones, Matt Wieters and Jim Johnson, are on the roster for the American League and could play in Tuesday night's Major League Baseball All-Star Game.
- This week's Table Talk column previews food-related events ahead this summer, aside from Baltimore Restaurant Week.