One hundred and fifty years ago, on Sept. 17, 1862, the bloodiest battle in Maryland history took place along Antietam Creek outside the town ofr Sharpsburg. Here are a number of websites dedicated to the battle:
Copyright © 2016, The Baltimore Sun
Detailed maps of Battle of South Mountain from the Civil War Trust:
- Scheduled activities this weekend at the Antietam National Battlefield Park
- Antietam battlefield tour app from the Civil War Trust. Can be downloaded to iPhone and Android devices.
- Antietam 360, a newly established Civil War Trust web site Gives 360 views from various Antietam sites.
- Information on Battle of Antietam from Civil War Trust
- Detailed maps of each phase of the Battle of Antietam from the Civil War Trust
- Historic photos by Alexander Gardner of aftermath of Antietam
- Information on the Battle of South Mountain from Civil War Trust.
- Scheduled activities in commemoration of Battle of South Mountain.
- Information on Emancipation Proclamation from Civil War Trust