Antietam resources on the web
One hundred and fifty years ago, on Sept. 17, 1862, the bloodiest battle in Maryland history took place along Antietam Creek outside the town ofr Sharpsburg. Here are a number of websites dedicated to the battle:
- Scheduled activities this weekend at the Antietam National Battlefield Park
- Antietam battlefield tour app from the Civil War Trust. Can be downloaded to iPhone and Android devices.
- Antietam 360, a newly established Civil War Trust web site Gives 360 views from various Antietam sites.
- Information on Battle of Antietam from Civil War Trust
- Detailed maps of each phase of the Battle of Antietam from the Civil War Trust
- Historic photos by Alexander Gardner of aftermath of Antietam
- Information on the Battle of South Mountain from Civil War Trust.
- Scheduled activities in commemoration of Battle of South Mountain.
- Information on Emancipation Proclamation from Civil War Trust
Copyright © 2014, The Baltimore Sun