Federal authorities are asking anyone with information about the former Fort Meade Youth Center worker who was accused this week of sexually abusing two boys to contact them.
Anthony Dennis Williams II made an initial appearance at U.S. District Court in Baltimore Wednesday on charges of sexually abusing a minor. The 27-year-old Severn man is accused of abusing two boys in 2010 and 2011.
Williams II allegedly communicated with the boys through social media and text messages, authorities said in a criminal complaint. He allegedly engaged in sexually explicit conversation and exchanged sexually explicit photographs and videos with the boys, authorities said.
Williams was being held pending a detention hearing on Friday before U.S. Magistrate Judge Timothy J. Sullivan.
Williams was a school-aged services employee at the Fort Meade Youth Center, authorities said. He taught a program called Passport to Manhood, a life course for juvenile males.
Officials at Fort Meade have scheduled a meeting for parents at 6 p.m. Thursday.
Fort Meade officials said last week that the FBI was investigating abuse allegations at the youth center, which serves the children of service members and civilian Defense Department employees.
A spokeswoman said last week that the then-unidentified suspect left his job there in 2012.
The Fort Meade Youth Center runs after-school programs for children in grades six through eight and programs for children ages 3 to 18 and their families at other times. Spokeswoman Mary Doyle said the center's approximately 20 staff members undergo training on child abuse prevention, first aid and CPR, and other areas.
Army Secretary John McHugh directed a review of all youth programs to ensure that there is a proper level of supervision and oversight.