Anne Arundel County firefighters will go door to door Saturday to install smoke alarms and batteries in the area of Crofton where a woman died of injuries suffered in a house fire this week.
Starting at 9 a.m., firefighters will go to the Coventry III community and help residents test their smoke alarms, change the batteries and, in homes with no smoke alarm, install one, said Division Chief Keith Swindle.
The move was prompted by Tuesday's fatal fire where firefighters said it appeared the home had no working smoke alarms. Patricia Hart, 52, was rescued from her home in the 1800 block of Foxdale Court, and died Wednesday, fire officials said.
Twitter.com/andsiegelCopyright © 2015, The Baltimore Sun