By Joe Burris, The Baltimore Sun
1:39 PM EST, November 7, 2013
Annapolis Police on Thursday briefly closed three city streets while officials investigated reports that a man believed to be distraught had access to weapons — but by early afternoon the streets had been reopened and police said the man had been transported to a local hospital unharmed.
Police spokeswoman Cpl. Amy Miguez said around 9 a.m. police received a call from a third party about the man at a home on Breakwater Drive. Police issued alerts on the social network site Facebook advising residents on Breakwater Drive and adjacent Mizzen Court to remain indoors while they investigated. Miguez said Edgewood Road, which proceeds past Breakwater Drive, was also shut down.
Miguez said police made contact with the resident at around 11:44 a.m., and said the incident was a "health matter." She said that neither the resident nor officers were injured, and streets were subsequently reopened.
"It was an abundance of caution," Miguez said. "There was no indication that this man was a danger to anyone in the neighborhood. We were concerned about his safety, so we took action to make sure he was safe. He's not been arrested or charged with anything."
Copyright © 2014, The Baltimore Sun