In December, the Food Bank received 285,983 pounds of food through local food drives. This dropped to 37,963 pounds of donated food in January 2010, representing a drop of 86%.
In order to shore up the Food Bank's food supply, from Feb. 15 to March 15, Pat & Oscar's will sponsor a month long food and fund drive. Throughout the month, Pat & Oscar's will provide a range of incentives to encourage the community to donate while also providing direct support to the Food Bank.
Here's how Pat & Oscar's is helping out:
- Give away a free "Big O Cookie" topped with vanilla ice cream to customers donating a non-perishable food item for the entire month.
- Donate 10% of a day's proceeds from its ten restaurants to the San Diego Food Bank on March 1st.
- Distribute free kid's meal vouchers to chronically hungry children on the Food Bank's Food 4 Kids Backpack Program for the next the six months.
- Give out hot meals to families waiting in line at one of the Food Bank's major food distributions.
- Offer additional special incentives for customers to donate through its online Breadstick eClub and Facebook Fan Page throughout the month.
- Carmel Mtn. Ranch 12045 Carmel Mountain Rd
- Mira Mesa 10673 Westview Parkway
- Mission Valley 8590 Rio San Diego Dr.
- Plaza Bonita 3030 Plaza Bonita Rd. Suite 1106
- Parkway Plaza 375 Parkway Plaza
- Carlsbad 965 Palomar Airport Rd.
- Carmel Valley 3881 Valley Centre Dr.
- Plaza Camino Real 2525 El Camino Real #105
- Eastlake 872 Eastlake Parkway, Ste 510
- San Marcos 137 S. Los Posas Rd. Ste 153
San Diego, CA 92128
San Diego, CA 92126
San Diego, CA 92108
National City, CA 91950
El Cajon, CA 92020
Carlsbad, CA 92009
San Diego, CA 92130
Carlsbad, CA 92008
Chula Vista, Ca 91914
San Marcos, CA
To find more information about donating to the San Diego Food Bank, CLICK HERE.