Health officials in Wayne County are confirming it was the Norovirus that caused several people to become sick at the Taylor Sportsplex this past weekend.
On Sunday, 28 people suddenly got sick, and began vomiting. The facility was immediately shut down for cleaning and investigation. By Wednesday, that number had jumped to nearly 90. After a number of tests, it has been determined the Norovirus caused those people to get sick.
Officials say most of those who came down with the illness have since recovered.
The Sportsplex was reopened on Thursday.
For more information about the Norovirus click here.