Seared Lamb Leg with rosemary and Currant Sauce
4 ea Lamb leg steaks (trimmed)
1 oz Fresh Rosemary (picked and minced)
3 ea Garlic cloves (minced)
to taste Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
to taste Sea Salt
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees. Place a sauté pan over medium-high heat. When pan is heating, season the lamb with rosemary, garlic, sea salt and black pepper.
- Sear the lamb for 2 minutes, turn over and sear the other side for an additional 2 minutes. lamb should just be starting to turn a nice golden brown, that’s good.
- Remove lamb from pan and place on a baking sheet. Place lamb in oven and roast for about 8 – 10 minutes. When the internal temperature of the lamb hits 120 degrees, remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes.
- Slice lamb and serve with 1 ounce of red currant sauce. (recipe follows)
Red currant sauce
4 oz Red Currant Jam
1 oz Apple Cider Vinegar
- Place red currant jam in a small sauce-pan and melt over low heat. When jam is melted, add the cider to combine.
- When sauce is heated, remove from stove and serve with lamb steaks.