A Mr. Tire employee is recovering from first- and second-degree burns after a car fire broke out in the Parkville auto repair shop Friday.
County fire officials responded to the shop in the 7700 block of Harford Road at around 3:50 p.m. where they saw smoke and flames in the front of the building, and found that a man had suffered burns, according to a release from the department.
Emergency personnel took the patient to Bayview Medical Center with non life-threatening injuries, fire officials said.
Investigators determined the fire was accidental, officials said, believed to be caused when a vehicle being repaired caught fire. The fire did not spread, and there was some smoke damage to other parts of the building.
twitter.com/EricaLGCopyright © 2015, The Baltimore Sun