The last of 22 people indicted in a drug-dealing conspiracy at the Gilmor Homes public housing complex in West Baltimore pleaded guilty this week, federal prosecutors said, ending the case shortly before a second trial was set to begin Monday. The first ended in mistrial last month.

Dione Fauntleroy Jr., 27, and his father, Dione Fauntleroy Sr., 48, each admitted Thursday that they conspired with others to deal cocaine throughout Baltimore from 2009 through June 2010, when the group was indicted. The father and son agreed to 13-year prison terms in their plea deals, which must be approved by a judge. Sentencing is scheduled for January.

A third generation of the family — William Herring, Dione Fauntleroy Jr.'s grandfather — pleaded guilty to the conspiracy last month.

"This is like the Don Corleone family of Gilmor Homes," attorney Anton Keating, who represents Dione Fauntleroy Sr., said in court Sept. 20, during the first trial's opening statements. The remark — along with comments about his client being a rare, innocent exception compared to most defendants — led to a mistrial, because they suggested that the other defendants were guilty, according to a judge's memorandum issued last month.

A new trial was scheduled to begin Monday, but the remaining defendants — including Romesh Vance, who was profiled as a child in a documentary about educating Baltimore boys at the Baraka boarding school in Kenya — all accepted plea agreements.

Four defendants have been sentenced so far, receiving between three and 13 years in prison, according to the Maryland U.S. attorney's office.

tricia.bishop@baltsun.com

  • Text NEWS to 70701 to get Baltimore Sun local news text alerts