By Mary Gail Hare, The Baltimore Sun
12:35 PM EST, January 5, 2012
Two city residents were taken to an area hospital after a carbon monoxide leak in a Lake Clifton home Thursday morning, officials said.
City fire and hazardous materials crews responded at 10:02 a.m. to a home in the 1900 block of N. Washington St. after a report of a carbon monoxide leak.
Two residents were taken to an area hospital with injuries that were serious but not life threatening, officials said. Two others were treated at the scene.
Investigators are working to determine the source of the leak, which was discovered in the basement of the rowhouse.
CO, a colorless, odorless and toxic gas, measured at 1000 parts per million in the home. Sustained CO concentrations above 150 to 200 ppm can cause disorientation, unconsciousness and death, according to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Division.
Crews also checked the adjacent homes for any exposure to the leaked gas but found no dangerous levels in those residences, officials said.
Copyright © 2014, The Baltimore Sun