ON THE SITE...
Two airlines announce new service from BWI: Low-cost carrier Spirit Airlines announced Tuesday that it will start twice-daily nonstop service on Sept. 6 from BWI to Fort Lauderdale and daily nonstop service to Dallas/Fort Worth. On Monday night, Condor Airlines began its seasonal service to Frankfurt, Germany.
Chance for severe weather returns Tuesday, Wednesday: A mass of hot air that remains over the eastern half of the country is fueling increased chances for severe storms to crop up during Fourth of July celebrations Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons.
Maryland Live Casino makes big money in first month of operation: The casino, which opened the evening of June 6 at Arundel Mills mall, brought in $28.5 million during its first 25 days of operation.
Actor Andy Griffith dies in North Carolina: Actor Andy Griffith, whose portrayal of a small-town sheriff made "The Andy Griffith Show" one of American television's most enduring shows, has died at his North Carolina home.
- Continuing coverage of the cleanup from Friday's storms, including how it has affected nursing homes, tree trimming companies and insurance companies.
- A local National Guard unit is returning just ahead of the Fourth of July holiday after a tour in Afghanistan.
- A Columbia couple both turned 100 this year and are celebrating 71 years of marriage.
- Ian Rush, general manager of the Liverpool soccer club, talks to the Sun about coming to Baltimore later this month.
- This week's Taste section offers recipes on gourmet ice pops to cool down from the heat.
- This week's issue of b delves into the food offerings at local strip clubs.