ON THE SITE...
Michael Phelps to swim seven events at Olympic qualifying trials: Previewing what he might swim in his final Olympics in London, Michael Phelps has entered seven races in next week’s qualifying trials -- including the exciting but exhausting 400-meter individual medley.
North Baltimore fire damages building roof: Baltimore City firefighters battled a roof fire that broke out Tuesday morning in a multi-story building at the intersection of West 22nd St. and Maryland Avenue, in the Old Goucher neighborhood west of Charles Street.
Annapolis man, 34, charged with rape of girl, 13: Alexander Lara, who is being held on $2 million bail, is also charged with assault in the incident that occurred Saturday at his home on Merle Court, near Forest Drive, police said.
Heat wave could threaten records: With high temperatures predicted in the upper 90s Wednesday and Thursday, records of 100 degrees for both days could be challenged.
Southwest loses No. 1 customer rating to rival JetBlue: For the first time in nearly two decades, Southwest Airlines, the biggest commercial carrier at BWI, does not sit atop the annual American Customer Satisfaction Index.
- A look at the future of Rocky Gap Resort in Allegany County. the Board of Public Works is slated to vote Wednesday on a sale of the property to the developer building a slot machine parlor there.
- Coverage of the farewell to the tall ships and the Star-Spangled Sailabration, including efforts to count the attendance at the weeklong festival.
- A look at the risks at stake in the Supreme Court's forthcoming decision on the federal health reform law.
- Remembrances of Tropical Storm Agnes as the 40th anniversary of the historic storm approaches.
- The Maryland Racing Commission is set to consider a plea to have Secretariat's finishing time at the Preakness 39 years ago revised on Tuesday.
- Wednesday's Taste section provides recipes for the latest farmer's market bounty, squash.
- Along with this week's cover story in b, a database of the cheapest beers around the city will be posted online.