ON THE SITE...
Baltimore man charged with first-degree murder in Phylicia Barnes case: A Baltimore man has been indicted on charges of first degree murder in the death of the North Carolina teen who disappeared in Baltimore in 2010.
Rainy day could bring April precipitation close to normal: A third of an inch of rain fell at the Maryland Science Center on Thursday morning, and more is expected in the afternoon. The region is an inch short of normal rainfall levels so far this month.
Homicide victim found in Evergreen Lawn neighborhood: Police found a 45-year-old man shot on his front steps.
COMING LATER TODAY...
- More details on the arrest in the Phylicia Barnes case are expected to come out at a 1 p.m. news conference at city police headquarters.
- A 17-year-old West Virginia girl underwent a lung transplant at the University of Maryland Medical Center that will allow her to attend her high school prom Saturday.
- Howard County's PTA Council will host an anti-bullying forum Thursday night in response to the recent suicide of a Glenelg student who was bullied online.
- The commission overseeing slots gambling in Maryland is expected to vote Thursday afternoon on a proposed casino at Rocky Gap Resort in Allegany County.
- The NFL Draft is set for Thursday night. Columnist Mike Preston will give a detailed look at the Ravens' No. 1 choice.