Seven days after eating tainted cookie dough, Linda Rivera, a teacher's aide, went into septic shock. Her kidneys had failed. Doctors removed her gallbladder and part of her colon. Then her liver shut down.
COMMENTING POLICY:Readers are encouraged to post comments that are germane to the article. We reserve the right to remove any user, and to delete comments that contain abusive language or personal threats, as well as those that are racist or demeaning. Readers may report comments by clicking "Report Abuse." Once a comment has been flagged, a Baltimore Sun staffer will investigate. Click here for more information on commenting.