On your next visit to Vegas, want to hit some cool places you’ve yet to discover? If so, Las Vegas Weekly magazine’s “2013 Weekly Awards” may include just what you’re looking for.
Some funky faves were among the Weekly’s awards announced at a party Wednesday. They fall into more than 100 categories. Here are a dozen picks worth checking out:
- Best Cirque show: "The Beatles: Love" at the Mirage
- Best cocktail list for non-drinkers: Lakeside at Wynn
- Best gay bar: the Garage (1487 E. Flamingo Road, Las Vegas)
- Best hidden Strip treasure: Lemongrass at Aria, a restaurant at Aria
- Best live music venue: the Joint at the Hard Rock
- Best locals joint to take out-of-towners to: Fat Choy (595 E. Sahara Ave., Las Vegas) inside the Eureka Casino
- Best people watching: Hogs & Heifers Saloon (201 N. 3rd St., Las Vegas)
- Best person to follow on Twitter: Penn Jillette of Penn & Teller
- Best production show to bring visitors to: Absinthe at Caesars Palace
- Best tongue: Silencio tacos (made with duck tongue) at China Poblano at the Cosmopolitan.
- Best topless show: Peepshow at Planet Hollywood
- Most ambitious barman: Nathan Greene at RM Seafood in the Shoppes at Mandalay Place
The complete list of winners is available online.
Copyright © 2015, The Baltimore Sun