1. BATTLE OF 1812: Peyton Manning vs. Tom Brady always has the makings of a classic. New England is 9-4 against Manning with Bill Belichick as coach, but Peyton’s Broncos are on fire.
2. LONG VS. LONG: Chicago at St. Louis marks the first meeting of the Long brothers — Bears rookie guard Kyle Long and his older brother, Chris, a star defensive end for the Rams. Dad Howie will be tuned in.
3. CHIEF CONCERN: Kansas City went the longest without a loss but its winning streak ended at 9-0 with a defeat at Denver last Sunday night. Now, the Chiefs will look to rebound at home vs. San Diego.
4. FAMILIAR FACES: When Arizona plays host to Indianapolis, Cardinals Coach Bruce Arians will be reunited with the Colts team he improbably guided to the playoffs last season.
5. REBOUNDERS: The New York Giants lost their first six games of the season but are now riding a four-game winning streak. They play host to Dallas and have clawed back into the NFC East race.
Wes Welker and the high price of heroism in pro football
Bruce Arians found fountain of youth with the Arizona Cardinals
When Long brothers go head to head, Mom and Dad will be watching