Try digitalPLUS for 10 days for only $0.99
The Baltimore Sun

The Cecil B. DeMille estate in Los Feliz

DeMille bought the Beaux Arts-style estate home in 1916, three years after it was constructed. In 1920, he bought the house to the west so he could have a more private office, a screening room and guest quarters. That home was widely known as the Chaplin House because it was leased for six months in 1918 by actor Charlie Chaplin and his first wife, Mildred Harris. Michael McCreary