Jeanne Hill, left, and her husband, Bill Hill, center, tell John Boraggina, curator of the Catalina Island Museum, and Wendy Teeter, curator of archaeology at UCLA's Fowler Museum, about their visits to Ralph Glidden's museum on Catalina before it closed in 1950. "It was scary, very scary," Jeanne Hill recalled. "Bones piled up all over the place. One skull had a light on in it."
Christina House / For the Los Angeles Times