The sales tally for Dec. 2 was one of a number of statistics the Seattle online retailer announced on Thursday.
It did not reveal how sales compared to last year's Cyber Monday, but said that overall holiday season sales were its best ever.
The company also said that it shipped items to customers in 185 countries during the holidays. Additionally, Amazon said 50% of its customers used mobile devices to do their holiday shopping.
As for Christmas sales, it did not say how many of its packages may have missed the Dec. 24 delivery. UPS and FedEx on Thursday said they were still scrambling to deliver packages that did not arrive in time for Christmas.
The shipping giants blamed the missed deadline on heavy holiday shipping volume and bad weather in some parts of the country.
Here are some other oddball statistics that Amazon released in its press release:
- Enough Crayola Marker Makers were sold to draw a line around the world four times.
- Enough Hot Wheels cars were purchased to stretch around the Daytona International Speedway.
- Enough miniature flashlights were bought to light up four football fields to NCAA standards.
- Enough Himalyan Crystal Lamps were purchased that if they were each stacked on one another their collective height would equal Mount Everest's.
- If Amazon had a single M&M for every Eminem album purchased during the holidays, the retailer would have almost 100 pounds of chocolate.