Is the celebrity quotient up or down at the current round of runway shows at New York Fashion Week? No one’s keeping score, but it’s hard to find coverage that doesn’t mention big names in the front row. Times Fashion Critic Booth Moore and staff writer Adam Tschorn have reported a number of sightings, as have other media outlets. Consider:
- At Tommy Hilfiger, guests “of note” included Anthony Kiedis, Vogue's Anna Wintour and Tommy Mottola.
- Kanye West, Solange Knowles, Courtney Love and Kerry Washington showed up at Alexander Wang.
- At Opening Ceremony, the mix of big names was truly eclectic: Rihanna, Justin Bieber, Jason Schwartzman, Rashida Jones, Oklahoma City Thunder point guard Russell Westbrook and filmmaker Baz Luhrmann.
- Barbara Walters, Diane Sawyer, Allison Williams, Jessica Alba and Bella Thorne made the scene at Diane von Furstenberg.
- At Carolina Herrera, celebrity guests included Uma Thurman, Christina Ricci, Ne-Yo, Christina Hendricks and Michelle Dockery.
- The Monique Lhuillier show pulled in Maggie Grace, Jena Malone, Emmy Rossum and Stacy Keibler.
- Sadly, we are not reading many reports of bad behavior, so we’ll have to make do with photos of beautiful people looking at beautiful clothing
Copyright © 2015, The Baltimore Sun