Become a digitalPLUS subscriber. $12 for 12 weeks.

Dryer catches fire in El Cajon apartment

EL CAJON, Calif. -- An apartment fire that appeared to have started in or near a clothes dryer Monday left an East County family in need of emergency lodging.

The blaze in the 500 block of East Camden Avenue in El Cajon was reported just before 10 a.m., city spokeswoman Monica Zech said. Members of the family living in the second-floor residence that caught fire were home at the time but were able to escape unharmed, she said.

It took crews about 10 minutes to extinguish the flames, according to Zech.

Investigators set the monetary losses at roughly $15,000 to the scorched apartment and its contents.

The displaced residents planned to stay with relatives until they can arrange for permanent housing, the spokeswoman said.

Copyright © 2014, The Baltimore Sun
Comments
Loading