Susan G. Komen for the Cureon Thursday announced $58 million in grants to support breast cancer research.
The 154 grants were given to researchers in 22 states, including Maryland, and 7 countries.
The grants will cover a wide spectrum of breast cancer research, including prevention, environmental issues, more sensitive screening, personalized treatments and factors that lead to worse breast cancer outcomes in minorities and special populations.
Maryland grants were given to:
- Dr. Preethi Korangath of John Hopkins University, $120,000
- Angela Brodie of the University of Maryland, $250,000
- Vered Stearns of Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, $175,000
- Sarah Sukumar of John Hopkins University, $250,000
- Antonio Wolff of John Hopkins University, 62,500 grant
Copyright © 2014, The Baltimore Sun