Do you think you know the Tony Awards? Facts like how many times Neil Patrick Harris has hosted? Or The the year it began being televised? Maybe so, but what about the more difficult question? Here's our quiz.
Click through the gallery above for the answers (be sure to turn on the captions).
1. The regional theater Tony Award will be going to a not-for-profit theater this year in (A) California (B) Connecticut (C) Midtown Manhattan (D) Oregon (E) London.
2. The Tonys were named for Antoinette Perry, an actress and director. Apart from being a co-founder of the American Theatre Wing, she is best known as the director of: (A) "Minick" (B) "These Dugs Are Dry" (C) "Harvey" (D) "Arsenic and Old Lace" (E) "Stained Glass".
3. Not everyone on the 47-member nominating committee works or is professionally involved in the theater. This year there is a nominator who is: (A) A New York City policeman (B) The Mayor of New York (C) A television producer (D) A food writer (E) A fan from Long Island chosen at random
4. The first African-American to win best play: (A) Lorraine Hansberry for "A Raisin in the Sun" (B) Joseph A. Walker for "The River Niger" (C) George C. Wolfe for "The Colored Museum" (D) Howard Sackler for "The Great White Hope" (E) Charles Gordone's "No Place To Be Somebody".
5. First female playwright to win a Tony (not as a co-writer): (A) Beth Henley for "Crimes of the Heart" (B) Marsha Norman for "'night, Mother" (C) Wendy Wasserstein for "The Heidi Chronicles" (D) Paula Vogel "How I Learned to Drive," E) Mary Chase for "Harvey"
6. Several folks have won a Tony for roles involving drag but only two actors have won for playing members of the opposite sex in competitive categories. Harvey Fierstein won one for "Hairspray." Who was the other?
7. Who has won more Tonys than anyone else? Is it (A) Richard Rodgers (B) David Merrick (C) Hal Prince (D) Mike Nichols (E) Tommy Tune.
8. What musical received the most awards ever? (A) "Hello, Dolly!" (B) "The Book of Mormon (C) "Rent" (D) "Gypsy" (E) "The Producers"
9. Just because you receive a slew of nominations doesn't mean you go home with a trophy. What musical received the most nominations (12!) without receiving the award?: (A) "No Strings" (B) "The Scottsboro Boys" (C) "The Rothschilds" (D) "Pacific Overtures" (E) "Fanny".
10. What actor has been nominated for a Tony the most times? (A) Angela Lansbury (B) Julie Harris (C) Audra McDonald (D) Jan Maxwell (E) Helen Hayes
11. Of the many musicals that were produced at Connecticut theaters and then moved onto Broadway, how many received the outstanding musical prize? (A) None (B) One (C) Two (D) Four (E) Six.
12: How many Connecticut productions went on to Broadway and won for outstanding play? (A) None (B) One (C) Two (D) Four (E) Six.
Click through gallery above for answers.
Editor's note: Sunday night’s Tony Awards telecast on CBS will have particular excitement for Hartford audiences. The musical “A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder,” which began at Hartford Stage, has the most nominations — 10 — including one for best new musical and another for best director of a musical for Hartford Stage artistic director Darko Tresnjak. Bloomfield’s Anika Noni Rose is also up for her second Tony Award for her featured performance in the revival of the play “A Raisin in the Sun.”