The Stratford Toll Plaza in early 1958. The plant in the center of the photo was owned by Raymark Industries. After it ceased operations in 1989, the property was cleaned up by the state and federal governments and it's now the site of a shopping center. For more information on the site, go here.
Courant photo by Robert B. Ficks