First thing's first -- I do not belong in a cigar shop and now know that after all the strange stares and laughs (yes, the workers laughed at me) that this is a prime example of a task I should have delegated, definitely to a man.
While I did make it out alive I learned a lot from this experience. As a bride-to-be it's crucial to delegate and not overload yourself. Think about it -- you have an entire bridal party and family who are there to help. The hardest part is actually letting it go and trusting some one else to do it. Trust me, this is not easy for me at all and I'm having a hard time with it, however, I've started a list of the pieces I'm going to delegate (of course, incorporating my vision).
The list so far includes:
- Setting up the rehearsal dinner
- Finding take-home boxes for left-over cake
- Setting up card "crate"
- Finding ice/drink buckets for cocktail hour/reception
- Ceremony/reception decoration set up
- Creating drink menu
- Creating seating chart
- Addressing thank-you cards
- Updating wedding website
- Keeping tabs on hotel rooms that have been booked
- Creating guest gift bags